Thursday, November 4, 2010

Four Months Together

November 5 marks four months that we have had our wonderful daughter. Just yesterday I was holding her as she slept, reflecting on how far she's come since we've been together. She turned 22 months yesterday! It's impossible to describe how amazed I am that I get to witness her blossom and unfold. I think about her first mom and how much she is missing--my heart aches for her. I am so unbelievably grateful that God has allowed me to be her second mom. How awesome that we get to be the ones with this life long connection to such an amazing person. In honor of her 22nd month and our 4 month anniversary together...drum roll please......SHE STARTED CRAWLING THIS WEEK!!!! We are overjoyed. This will mean sooo much for her development in so many ways.


To let you know what a big deal it is that she's crawling, I'll share how far she's come. Since we've gotten her, she has regained or gained the ability to hold her head up, sit up on her own, play with toys, smile, laugh, scoot around on her rear, roll over, push up while on her tummy, reach out to be held, hold onto us as we hold her, initiate play, tease us, give kisses, splash, swing, slide, not be afraid of going places, dance, crawl, pull-up, and stand! She is so brave, strong, and resilient--she challenges me everyday to have hope and believe in God, my over-comer!





2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 4-month mark as a family of 4, and happy 22 months to Brenna! So happy to read of her new crawling ability. She is one tough little girl! One beautiful little girl too! :-)

    ReplyDelete